The use of the BigML Services is governed by the Terms of Service ("Terms of Services") available at https://bigml.com.au/tos/.
A. The Information BigML Collects and Stores
We may collect and store the following information when running the BigML Services.
- Information You Provide
- When you register an account, BigML collects some personally identifiable information, including but not limited to: name, email address, username, password, country, and any and all other information that you share with us. We receive and store any information you enter through the Service or give us in any other way.
- You have the option to provide additional information in the form of a survey on your intended use of BigML and experience with Machine Learning. The use of this information is outlined in section B. Use and Disclosure of the Information BigML Collects.
- You may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information provided in your registration at https://bigml.com.au/account/profile.
- Cookies are necessary to use BigML.com.au.
- A cookie is an alphanumeric identifier in the form of a text file that is inserted and stored by your Web browser on your computer’s hard drive.
- BigML.com.au uses three types of cookies, none of them can be used to collect your personal data, they only save your last status at BigML to improve your experience next time you visit the platform:
- A session cookie that BigML.com.au uses to enable sessions. Every time you log in we send to your browser a cookie with a special identifier that your browser sends back to us with subsequent requests so that you do not need to provide your login and password with each request.
- A cross site request forgery protection cookie that needs to be sent back to BigML.com.au each time that you fill out one of our forms. This cookie helps us avoid malicious servers sending us request on your behalf.
- Cookies that help BigML.com.au to keep the state for the selections that you make in the BigML.com.au interface. For example, the order of elements in a listing, the length of a listing, etc.
- If you do not enable your browser to accept BigML cookies, you may not be able to use BigML.com.au.
- Log Data
The BigML Services contain functions for collecting and tracking non-personally identifiable information about you including your IP address, domain name, pages that were viewed, where you were referred from, and technical information such as locale preferences, browser type and operating system from Your Equipment as defined in the BigML Terms of Service.
- Payment Data
- We never have access to your full card number or CVC and therefore cannot store it. Our debit and credit card processing is handed off to Stripe, Inc (“Stripe”). Stripe has been certified to PCI Service Provider Level 1, the most stringent level of certification available.
- However, if you decide to store your payment information for further use, then BigML stores the type, the last 4 digits and the expiration date of your card. In this way, you can save more than one payment method and can decide which one to use in the future. If you use this feature, Stripe, Inc will save your full payment information for your future purchases with BigML.
- Sources, datasets, models and predictions
- If you create a dataset using one or more previously created datasets, we use their serialized versions to create the new dataset. We also store both the summarized version of the new dataset and the serialized version of the new dataset.
- When you create a model from a previously created dataset, we use the summarized version and the serialized version to create a model. Models can be seen as sophisticated statical summaries with predictive power. We store each model that you create so that you can use them to create real-time predictions. You can download your models at any time using the BigML API or get a visual representation of them through BigML.com.au. We assign a unique identifier to every new model that you create.
- When you create a prediction from a previously created model, we use the corresponding model and the new data that you input to create the prediction. We store the data that you input and the prediction. We assign a unique identifier to every new prediction that you create.
- At your own discretion, you can delete the sources, datasets, models and predictions that you create. Upon your request we immediately delete them including their serialized versions from our front-end servers and start a batch process to fully remove them from our systems.
- Meta Data, Blind Data, Non-private or Non-Personal Information
BigML will get access and use meta level data generated during the creation of your sources, datasets, models, and predictions. These data is collected with the only purpose of improving our service over time. For example, we measure how much time each tasks take, the size of data that you use, the type of each attribute in your dataset, the performance of the models generated but we never inspect or access any detail of your sources, datasets, models, or predictions.
- Back Ups
- We keep redundant backups of all data over multiple locations to prevent the remote possibility of data loss.
- BigML keeps these backups to ensure our continued ability to provide the BigML Service to you in the event of malfunction or damage to our primary production servers.
- Data Retention
- Your data is yours. You can remove it anytime you want.
- We will retain your personal information and your Data for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services.
- When you request us to delete your BigML Account, your data will be permanently expunged from our primary production servers and further access to your account will not be possible. We will also promptly delete your email address from our third party newsletter provider and any payment information from our servers and our payment processor provider.
- Please note, however, that there might be latency in deleting information from our servers and backed-up versions might still exist immediately after deletion. After a reasonable period of time your Data will be permanently deleted from all our backup servers.
- Portions of your data, consisting of aggregate or anonymous data derived from your use of the BigML Services, may remain on our production servers indefinitely.
- If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, you may delete your account at https://bigml.com.au/account. We may retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Consistent with these requirements, we will delete your information quickly upon request.
- Forums & Other Interactive Services
The BigML Services may include a bulletin board, blog or chat room ("Interactive Areas"). If you use an Interactive Area, you should be aware that these areas are open to the public and any personal information you post or provide at registration may be viewable by others. BigML is not responsible for personal information you submit in connection with the Interactive Areas, nor is BigML responsible for how others might use that information, including to send you unsolicited messages. Interactive Area postings may be retained indefinitely. These Interactive Areas may be hosted by BigML or by one of our third party service providers on BigML’s behalf.
- Service Providers, Business Partners and Others.
- BigML uses five trusted third party companies to help us provide you with a better service.
- BigML uses Amazon Web Services LLC (“Amazon”) as hosting partner to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the BigML Services. All the Information You Provide, Data, and Log Data is stored by Amazon. You can find more information about Amazon's security at the Amazon Web Service’s website https://aws.amazon.com/security/.
- BigML uses Google, Inc to process our own email and to collect our website analytics.
- Every time that you send us an email or we communicate directly with you your email address is stored and processed by Google.
- Every time that you access BigML.com.au, we use Google to collect and store technical and navigational information, such as computer browser type, Internet protocol address, pages visited, and average time spent on BigML.com.au.
- BigML uses The Rocket Science Group, LLC d/b/a MailChimp to distribute out newsletters and promotional emails. You can find more information about Mailchimp’s security at the Mailchimp’s website https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/.
- BigML hands off debit and credit card processing to Stripe, Inc. Stripe has been certified to PCI Service Provider Level 1, the most stringent level of certification available. You can find more information about Stripe’s security at the Stripe’ website.
- BigML uses Automattic Inc (Wordpress.com) to host its blog. Wordpress.com collects access logs to our blog.
B. Use and Disclosure of the Information BigML Collects
BigML will use and disclose all the Information it collects only as follows:
- Personal Information that You Provide
- BigML does not and will not sell or rent your personal Information that you Provide to anyone, for any reason, at any time.
- BigML will use the Personal Information that You Provide:
- to deliver to you any administrative notices, alerts and communications relevant to your use of the BigML Services;
- to communicate with you concerning your account for an informational, as opposed to promotional, purpose.
- to display your Personal Information in your account page and elsewhere on the BigML Services;
to promote use, including continued use, of the BigML Services. You have the ability to opt-out of receiving our promotional emails and to terminate newsletter subscriptions by following the instructions in the emails, or directly from the "Privacy settings" section of your account page. Opting out in this manner will not end transmission of service-related emails, such as email alerts. You can manually opt-out from:
- being sent updates on new product features, events, and interesting news.
- being sent personalized tutorials, use cases, and other helpful content to succeed in your Machine Learning journey.
- being contacted by BigML to discuss how to best approach your Machine Learning project, schedule product demos, and be invited to BigML events.
- to bill and collect sums owed to us. Uses for this purpose include sending you emails, invoices, receipts and notices of delinquency, to alert you if we need a different credit card number, and to otherwise try to collect money owed;
- Log Data
- The log data that we collect is used to improve the performance, quality and user experience of the BigML Services, and is not shared with or sold to other organizations for commercial purposes.
- Part of BigML’s log data is collected by Google Analytics to understand usage behavior in aggregate so as to inform further product design improvements.
- BigML will in no way access your Data or any result coming out of processing that Data (datasets, models, and predictions) unless that you request so.
- Payment Data
- We keep your payment information (type, 4 digits and expiration date of your card) confidential and only use it in connection with the BigML Services. We do not disclose or distribute any data to a third party or use any such data for marketing purposes.
- Once you decide to delete a payment method or delete your account we request Stripe to delete all your information and BigML also deletes it out of our systems.
- Blind Data, Meta Data, Non-private or Non-Personal Information
- BigML uses data capture and analysis tools to extract, compile, synthesize, and analyze any non-personally, identifiable data or information resulting from the User’s use of BigML Services and Applications (“Blind Data”). As a matter of fact, BigML uses their own BigML Services to create models and predict the behavior of our system and customer. To the extent that any Blind Data are collected by BigML, that Blind Data will be solely owned by BigML and may be used by BigML for any lawful business purpose without a duty of accounting to you. The Blind Data are used only in an aggregated form without specifically identifying the source of the Blind Data.
- We may disclose your non-private, aggregated, or otherwise non-personal information, such as usage statistics of our Service.
C. Business Transfer
D. Law and Law Enforcement Compliance
BigML will cooperate with government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. This includes the disclosure, without notice, of any information BigML has collected about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as BigML, at its sole discretion, believes necessary or appropriate to respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of BigML Inc or a third party, the safety of the public or any person, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to comply with the law.
- We guard your privacy to the best of our ability and work hard to protect your information from unauthorized access.
- You also need to follow some security practices:
- When you're finished using BigML, please click the "log out" link in the top right corner of your screen, to prevent someone from using your computer to access your account.
- You must keep your username, password, and API key secure and not disclose it to any third party.
- Due to the sensitive nature of your Data, we do not re-send forgotten passwords. Users must follow online instructions to reset their passwords if they forget them.
- Account passwords are encrypted. BigML personnel cannot see your passwords. We can only reset them.
- To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to BigML employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
- We employ a number of physical and electronic security measures to protect ours users’ information from both internal and external unauthorized access.
- The personal data that you sent to register, the credit card information that you might use to purchase BigML Credits, or the data that you input, post, transmit, stream, or upload to the BigML services is encrypted and sent over a secure channel using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer), the standard for secure Internet network connections.
- BigML employees are prohibited from viewing the content of sources, datasets, models and predictions that you store in your BigML Account.
- Even if BigML is very concerned and sensitive to the confidentiality of your information and uses the best security measures to both protect the BigML Services and keep your information as safe as possible, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while BigML strives to protect your personal information, BigML cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Should a breach of security occur, BigML will make any legally required disclosures of the breach as soon as possible, while still taking in to account any legitimate needs of law enforcement or measures necessary to restore the security and integrity of our system. Any notification of breach will occur in a private email correspondence with affected members or in a highly visible forum within the BigML Inc interface itself.
- If you have any questions, or encounter any issues, please contact us at email@example.com.
F. A Note to Non-U.S. Users
The Service is hosted in the United States. If you are accessing the Service from a jurisdiction with privacy laws or regulations that differ from United States laws, please be advised that through your continued use of the Service, you are transferring your personal information to the United States and you consent to that transfer.
G. A Note About the Privacy of Children Under 13
The Service is not directed to or otherwise promoted for use by children under the age of thirteen (13). BigML does not knowingly collect or use any personal information of users of the BigML Services who are under the age of thirteen (13). If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13 we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.